Saturday, June 17, 2006

Blog Directories

My blog isn't so much about blogging for dollars as it is about affiliate marketing, but there are any number of bloggers who qualify as affiliates. And one of the best ways to get traffic and backlinks is through directory listings. Over at Successful Blog today, I found a list of blog directories. She claims that her links lead to over 1800 blog directories, which seems to be quite a few. I don't know that anyone needs backlinks from all of them, but I'm also convinced that a lot of sites, especially if they're in non-competitive areas, can do just fine with 40 backlinks or so to start with and then just rely on naturally occurring backlinks.

Anyway, the list looks like a great resource, and the blog itself looks like a pretty solid one. (I just found it today.)

1 Comments:

At 3:24 PM , Blogger "ME" Liz Strauss said...

Hi there! What a great idea for a blog.

Just thought you'd like to know that the "she" in question is me and you can feel free to call me Liz. Everyone does.

I don't kind anyone needs 1800 links either, In fact, I'd probably even go lower than 40. But different blogs should pursue different directories depending on the kind of traffic that they're trying to get to visit them.

By the way, I did count the links until I got tired, that's when I quit . . . the number I reached 1807. Naturally between lists there were duplicates, but I'd venture to say that there were some 200-300 left to go if I'm remembering right. It very well could have been more.

Thanks for thinking my work was worth sharing with your readers.

Smiles,
Liz
Successful Blog

(moderation and word verification?)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home