Friday, August 26, 2005

Six Marketing Gurus I Recommend - An Eclectic List

There are a LOT of so-called internet marketing gurus on the internet. I'm not a fan of most of them. Many of them overpromise, and many of them are so aggressively focused on selling that they provide almost nothing of value. Or if they do, then it's buried so deep within their sales talk that you won't remember it or even read it.

This article is not about them.

Instead, it's about some internet marketing gurus that I actually do admire. This is by no means a complete list of the people who have influenced my thinking on affiliate and internet marketing, but it's a good start. If you read half of the material on the web by half of the gurus on this list, you'll be ahead of most other online marketers already.

  • Allan Gardyne - Allan owns and operates Associate Programs, as well as Pay Per Click Search Engines and Lifetime Commisions. He is one of the least pretentious and most helpful internet marketing gurus you could learn from. I highly recommend the forum on his site.
  • Perry Marshall - Shortly after reading Google Cash I bought a copy of Marshall's book on maximizing your Google Adwords efforts. It's still the best book I've read on the subject, and it practically doubled my income after the first reading. The free articles available at his site http://www.perrymarshall.com/ will give you a taste of his style. His writing isn't fluffy or salesy; it's good solid information you can sink your teeth into.
  • James Martell - While I'm not a fan of slavishly following a plan laid out in an ebook, I AM a big fan of ebooks that are actually full of information, and Martell's affiliate handbook is probably the richest and most informative how-to book on the subject. He is someone who has literally demonstrated his own success as an internet marketer over and over again. http://www.jamesmartell.com/
  • Aaron Wall - I suspect that Aaron doesn't even think of himself as an internet marketing guru, but his SEO Book is the best book on the subject that I've read. It should be required reading for anyone who wants to make money on the internet. I read his blog daily.
  • Andy Hagans - Andy Hagans is another internet marketing guy who probably doesn't think of himself as a guru, but his Link Building Blog is also on my daily required reading list. He's also one hell of a nice guy too.

Choose your gurus and mentors wisely, because if you don't, it will make your life harder than it has to be. I try to keep in touch with varying viewpoints on a consistent basis, and these are far from the only sites I read. But they're certainly toward the top of my list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home