Monday, August 22, 2005

WealthyBlogger.com Sells for $2000

Maybe $2000 sounds like a lot of money to you, maybe not. But I wouldn't mind selling a few websites for $2k apiece myself. Here's the link to the article: WealthyBlogger.com sells for $2k

So after I saw the news, I thought I'd run over to WealthyBlogger.com and see what I thought of the site. (I'm notorious for buying sites, not launching them, and then kicking myself for procrastinating. I'm trying to be smarter about how I'm spending my money these days though.) The first thing that I noticed about Wealthy Blogger is the small font. Anyone over the age of 25 or 30 or so is going to have trouble reading anything on that page.

I've seen this used as a technique to get more click-through's on Adsense, but usually the Adsense ads are in a font large enough to read while everything else is in the small font.

Maybe it's because I run a site about affiliate marketing and making money on the internet, but I was really expecting to see information on how to make money from my blog from a site called Wealthy Blogger. Instead, what WealthyBlogger.com offers is advice on credit and debt management. I run a blog about credit and debt management, but it's not called Wealthy Blogger. I'll be interested to see what the new owners have planned for the site.

Great traffic figures though.

1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM , Blogger Randy Ray said...

I get it now. The Wealthy Barber was one of those self help books about managing your finances.

Duh. I feel kinda silly now. Thanks for stopping by and commenting though. Honored to have you around.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home