Tuesday, June 07, 2005

White Tank Top Lover

To me, this is a brilliant example of a narrow niche site. An Ode to White Tank Tops

Why is this of interest to me as an affiliate marketer? It's interesting to me because it's as narrow a niche as I've ever seen, and it's probably the definitive resource for that niche. They're not currently running any affiliate advertising that I can see, but they could easily be running affiliate ads for Adult Friend Finder or even one of the other online dating sites that offer "steamy" ads. And of course, they could run Adsense on these pages if they wanted to.

I'm not even sure why this particular person decided to run this on a Geocities site, but I love the concept. It's a site full of picture of beautiful celebs and models wearing white tank tops. (I think there might have been a photo or two that might be considered offensive, so if you're particularly prudish, stay away.

What are you interested in that could turn into a narrow niche site that makes money? Take something general and competitive, and add an adjective or two to narrow down the niche. Maybe you're a professional wrestling fan. But maybe you really LOVE the wrestling figures from the 1970's. Write a website profiling the biggest names in wrestling from the 1970s' and make it the most definitive site on 1970's professional wrestling out there. I guarantee it would make money, and there are probably as many ideas out there as I have readers, and then some.

(Interestingly enough, I did some more looking around on the website, and it turns out that it's run by a woman. Looks like she hasn't done any updates or made any changes in a couple of years.)

3 Comments:

At 5:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I can tell you that as an affiliate manager, this person would not be eligible to join our network because she's not on a top level domain. Most naffilaite programs require that just to keep the fraud sites away. Not to mention, we'd be battling it out with Yahoo for hte ad space.

Now, if she had whitetanktoplover.com registered with all of that content, then it would be a great affiliate for our dating offers, adn I would be calling or emailing her to recruit her for our network(~wink).

just my 2 pennies from the AM viewpoint.

Great blog!

Danay
www.filinet.com

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

forgot to mention that I totally agree that this is an amazingly good, super-targeted niche!

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Randy Ray said...

Thanks for your comments, Danay. I wouldn't host anything at Geocities either, and that wasn't what interested me in the site necessarily.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home