Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Ultimate Secret to Making Money in Affiliate Marketing

I sorta kinda ripped this title off of a post by Bill Rini:

The Ultimate Secret to Winning Poker

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail about this post here on my blog, but I am going to suggest that you run over to Bill's blog and read it. Bill tells a story about how when he was a stockbroker, he spent a lot of time perfecting his pitch and researching stock recommendations.

And some of the brain-dead monkeys he worked with made 200 calls a day while he perfected these things. In a few years, his monkey colleagues were making 5 or 6 times as much as he was, because they focused on the fundamentals and took action.

Think about how this applies to your affiliate marketing. Chances are that while you're surfing forums reading about how to make money, and surfing blogs and reading about how to make money, and reading ebooks about how to make money, other webmasters are building pages and getting links. Guess who's going to be making more money.

I posted a few days ago about needing to get refocused on the fundamentals. And Bill's blog post, even though it's about how to be a winning poker player, has a lot of insight into how to win at anything.

It's all about the fundamentals.

3 Comments:

At 10:25 AM , Blogger Chip said...

Another great post Randy. As you say affiliate maketing has two very clear fundamentals- Post content regularly and pursue backlinks.
I guess we all wander off the beaten path from time to time. The key, it seems to me, is to constantly monitor our selves and make mid-course corrections whenever needed.

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger Bill said...

Thanks for ripping off my title. If you hadn't I wouldn't have found your site in my referrers log and would never have been introduced to your site. You're not on daily RSS reads.

Great site!

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Bill said...

Sorry, meant to say "now on my daily RSS feeds." not "not on my daily RSS feeds."

:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home